Thursday, December 9, 2010

Remember When.



Remember how fast high school flew by? In the blink of an eye four years of your life had passed, it was time to begin your life. It is so crazy to me how the important, exciting moments in a persons life pass by just like that. It’s the moments that we wish would fly by that tend to drag on forever. What happened to our child hood? What happened to our adolescent years? What happened to birthday parties and play dates and recess? Where does the time go?

It seems like maybe a week ago I was saying goodbye to friends and family and boarding a plane to California. It seems like yesterday I was shaking hands with strangers who would soon be like family. It seems like yesterday I was adjusting to my new life. It is so strange how the last four months have come and gone. Though those months have come and gone, one thing still remains and that is memories. The memories built with these people are ones that will last a life time. Tears, laughs, anger… we’ve experienced it all, and looking back I wouldn’t change a thing. I suppose coming to California I had some expectations… sunshine, new relationships, deeper knowledge and understanding of who God is. I expected a change, a change in my life. What I didn’t expect was that the relationships built would be so much more than a new friend, they would be like family. What I didn’t expect was that California would steal my whole heart, this church, the people, everything about this place I am completely in love with. Looking back I have no regrets, looking back I have nothing to complain about. The only thing I could ask is for time to slow down, because before I know it the second half of this internship will be over too, and soon this place I am so in love with will just be another memory.

Years from now I will look back at this as a “remember when.” Remember when I lived in California for a year… remember when I lived with six boys and one girl… remember when I interned at the most amazing church… remember when I had an incredible group of Californian friends. I hope that the connection I have made with this place will remain with me forever, that I will be able to bring my family here someday and show them the place that impacted my life in such an amazing way. Thank God for opportunities such as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment