Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wuv, Twu Wuv, is what Bwings us togeva today...


True love… what is true love? Is it the love we see in movies, or the love we read about in fairytales? Is it the love we see in a couple who just celebrated 50 years, or is it the stories we hear about high school sweethearts? I suppose I don’t know the answer to this question, because everyone has a different idea of what they think love is. I am going to tell you what I think of when I hear the word love… men… plain and simple, I think of the opposite gender. Makes sense, doesn’t it? Let me elaborate, I think of the ideal man… not sure if he exists, but… he might. Alright here it goes, my ideal man:
  1. He MUST LOVE JESUS
  2. He must have a sense of humour
  3. He must be respectful
  4. He must love me for me
Notice how I made the first point stand out? I did that to show how important that is to me. I refuse to go into a relationship with a guy and have this attitude… “Well I mean he’s not a Christian … yet… maybe someday? Maybe I will be that person who shows him who Jesus is!” NO! I mean of course be that person to show him who Jesus is, but be that friend, not that girlfriend. Some people might see that first point as such insignificance in a relationship, but I know from experience how truly, truly important it is. How easy a person will step foot into a relationship, completely aware of all the red flags that surround it. It is heartbreaking to see girls and boys place themselves in relationships where they get treated like dirt… key words “prince & princess” if the person you are currently in a relationship with doesn’t treat you as such… GET OUT! When you’re in a relationship Jesus should be the center, he should be the focus of the whole relationship, and the most important thing is you must make sure you do not lose focus of Jesus, that your love for him stays so strong, Jesus comes first always. If you date a non-Christian how do you expect to keep your eyes fixed on Jesus, how do you expect to stay strong in your faith? You may think “Oh, this is no problem; I love Jesus so much; nothing will separate me from him!”… And then your relationship with the “significant other” gets more serious and voila… Jesus who? It breaks my heart to see people push Christ away so easily, it breaks my heart to see people get into relationships that are so unhealthy; it breaks my heart when they are so blind and they think “oh he loves me, most of the time… when he’s not mad.” Does that sound healthy to you? Does that sound like your ideal relationship? I hope not, and I hope that if this is you… you see that you are so much better than that, that you get out of that relationship, mend your relationship with Jesus and wait till the match God has for you comes along. Don’t waste your time with people that aren’t going to do anything but hurt you, and it’s a sad reality that most of the time those people don’t yet know Jesus. Surround yourself with someone who will bring you up, not down. Someone who will love you, not break your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment